Beijing Tours Question and Answers
1. good morning i am just finished in Golmud china and will be coming to Beijing today 14 April a and would love to see the great wall and or forbidden city . I will have the 15 of April free and departing China on the 16 is there away i could fit both trips in the same day and if not which would be best for the time i am in China for ?? cheers Wally
You can visit Great Wall and Forbidden city within one day, and we also can arrange the hotel and airport transfer for you as package, so you can send us a email to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more details and price. thanks.
2. How much money should i give for tips to a tour guide and driver ?
Although tips is not mandatory, if you are satisfied with tour guide and driver, you can tip them. The tip amount normally depends on the number of persons in the group, the total amount for the tour guide is around 100~200 CNY per day, and total amount for driver is around 50~100 CNY per day. So the more people in the group, the less tip each person can pay.
3. will the tour take us to shopping stops?
Only the Beijing bus tours have shopping stop in the lunch time, or in the end of the bus tour. Customers do Not need to buy anything in the shop if they do Not like it, if some customers like the Chinese souvenir, they will buy it. There is No forced shopping in our tours.
4. hello, if we go to nanshan ski resort on november, can we see the snow? or have a skiing activities on this month? thanks... can you give your contact no. in beijing. as we will be going this month.
Sorry, it is impossible to see the snow in Nov, and you can enjoy the skiing in later Dec, Jan and Feb normally.
5. We (2 pers.) stay in Shanghai (oct.-nov.) with family and want to visit Beijing for 3 or 4 days and also go to Xi'an. Is it possible to organise a trip (5 days) Shanghai - Beijing - Xi'an - Shanghai? Thanks!
Thanks for your question, and if you will arrive in Shanghai in the morning on day 1 and leave in the evening of day 5, we can arrange a trip including Shanghai -Beijing -Xian -Shanghai within 5 days. If you don't need the tour in Shanghai area, you will have more time in Beijing or Xian. Any other question, please email us by email@example.com. thanks.
6. Do you do pick-ups if we aren't staying at a hotel?
Yes, we can pick you up from the different hotels or apartment or subway station or your own house for both private or coach tour, so you just need offer the hotel name and phone number on your reservation. thanks.
7. If I'm not staying at a hotel, can you still do a pick-up? Also, does it matter how far away the place I'm staying is in relation to the city centre?
Thanks for your question, if you will take the coach tour, your house or hotel or apartment should be in the city center or nearby, but if you will take private tour, we can pick you up from your place, and you just need pay additional fee accordingly.
8. Is it possible t have a guide who speaks portuguese for a 2 person, one day tour to Badaling Wall and Ming Tombs? Date would be Mar ch 26 2014, thanks ray.jeffree
Sorry, we have no portuguese speaking guide, and we can offer the English, Spanish, Germen and Russian speaking guide if possible, but the special request for the guide is charged extra fee 400CNY about 66USD per day except the English guide. thanks.
9. Where in the airport can you pick us up?
Normally, our guide or driver will meet you at the exit of the custom upon your arrival, but if your flight arrival time is before 5:00am, you can go to the coffee bar or McDonald's at the terminal to wait for the guide.
10. Is your tour available everyday?
Yes, all our Beijing tours are available everyday, our group bus tours depart everyday, and the private tours are available any date any time.
11. Do your tour guides speak English? or any other foreign languages available?
Yes, all of our tour guides speak English, since we are specialized in international travel services in China, all our tour guides and travel advisors speak fluent English, our customers come from many different countries worldwide. We do have other foreign languages tour guides, like Spanish, French, German, Russian, Indonesian, etc. You need inform our trip advisors in advance if you need these non-English language tour guide. For the group day tours (bus tour, coach tours), our tour guide speaks English only, of cause our guides can also speak Mandarin as most of tour guides are local Chinese.
12. Can we pay cash to the tour guide when we take the tour in Beijing?
Yes, you can pay cash when you meet our tour guide in Beijing. Only tours with flight or train ticket included need deposit in advance.
13. Can I join in the coach tour in Beijing from the airport or the hotels nearby the airport?
Yes, you can, but since the airport is far away from the city, there is additional charge for the airport pickup service (normal bus tours pick up guest from hotels in Beijing), and the fee depends on your group size. The most important thing is that you need arrive at the Beijing airport before 7:00am, because our coach tour pickup time is 7:30AM.
14. If my child is under 1.1 meter, may I get any discount for the tour?
Yes, of course, and we only charge half price of the tour fee for the child who is under 1.1 meter, and if your child is smaller than 2 years old, we will not charge at all. if you are not sure about the height of your child, we can suppose to charge only half price, when the tour start the sightseeing's entrance will measure the child height, if your child is taller than 1.1 meter, then you will need to pay the full price. In addition, if you book a tour package including hotel, and your child sleep with parents, no need an extra bed, we will not charge the child's room fee, but you will need to pay your child breakfast by yourself if needed.
15. How far away from Beijing city to the great wall of China?
It is about two hours (1.5 ~ 2 hours) drive from the Beijing city to the Badaling Great Wall, about two hours (1.8 ~ 2 hours) drive to the Mutianyu Great Wall.
16. When will your car pick me up from my hotel in the morning? can I wait in the lobby of my hotel?
Normally for the tours in Beijing, the hotel pick up time is from 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM, our tour guide will inform you the exact time (call your mobile phone or call to your hotel room) on the night before the tour date. Yes, you can wait in your hotel lobby.