Reviews of M/V President No.7/8, Yangtze River & Three Gorges Tour by Soon ***
It was a bad experience for my group of 10 pax from Malaysia and Australia, below are the complains of the cruise:-
1) Have to walk a long distance with heavy luggage after getting down from taxi to the Chongqing Jetty No. 3, the worst is, have to walk down many steps to board the cruise (Something need to be done to upgrade the port and jetty)
2) Other than the sun deck, there is no place for passengers to sit and gather. The restaurant was locked all the time till meal time. charges for use of swimming pool is ridiculous as there is no entertainment at all in the cruise. There was no lights on the deck on mid autumn festival night. Rental of room and table for mahjong was terribly high at CNY120 per hour.
3) There was no announcement to passengers when and what time the cruise will pass the dam as this is the major attraction that visitors wanted to see how the cruise goes downstream.
4) Once on board, the staff has been telling us to pay more to upgrade our rooms to higher floors and gave us false information that there will be insufficient meal and no replenishment of coffee if we do not upgrade our meal to level 3 by paying extra CNY200 each.
5) The Jetty at Yichang is also with narrow steps, not suitable as for tourist attraction.
*** The only appreciation is, the waitress at the restaurant has been doing her very best with smile all the time.
Rating: [3 of 5 Stars!]
Date Added: 09/23/2016
—— review written by Soon ***