Day 1: Kunming arrival (D)
Upon arrival, be met at airport and transfer to local hotel.
Take afternoon time to visit Bamboo Monastery (Qiongzhu)with dinner included. You can also go to the Kundu Night Market around the nearby streets.
- Bamboo Monastery: On the beautiful wooded Yu'an Mountain, only twelve kilometers (seven miles) northwest of Kunming, is the famous Buddhist Qiongzhu Temple. The temple and the bamboo forest that surround it have a wonderful and mysterious legend about their origins.
Day 2: Kunming (B, L, D)
After breakfast, drive to Lunan county to visit Stone Forest. Return to Kunming in the afternoon to visit Golden Temple.
- Stone Forest: 90km to the south of Kunming. Due to a process of weathering and erosion, nature has created an art gallery of stone sculpture there.
- Golden Temple: Located on top of Mingfeng (Singing Phoenix) Hill is the home of the Taoist Taihe Palace (Hall of Supreme Harmony), which is the largest copper temple in China. It is also known as the Tongwa Temple (Bronze Tile Temple) and by its popular name, the Golden Temple.
Day 3: Kunming -> Lijiang (B, L, D)
Take morning flight to Lijiang. Visit the Baisha Murals in local village and then go forward Lijiang Ancient Town.
- Baisha Mural: With the introduction of the Buddhism, people painted plenty of murals on the walls of temples in the Ming Dynasty.
- Lijiang ancient town: The town was built in the late song dynasty and the early Yuan dynasty and was listed by the UNESCO on the list of the world's major cultural heritages in 1997. Its Square Street is very famous.
Day 4: Lijiang-Beidiwan, Half Way Hostel (B, L, D)
Morning drive to town Qiaotou, trekking 7-8 hours from upper trail of Tiger Leaping Gorge to Bendiwan, Half Way Hostel, the tiger Leaping Gorge is one of the deepest canyons of the world, famous in the world for its majesty grotesquery.
Overnight in Half Way Hostel.
Day 5: Bendiwan, Half Way Hostel-Tina's Guest House-Walnut Grove-Daju (B, L, D)
Trekking 4-5 hours to Tina's Guest House，8 km, after lunch in Tina's Guest House, trek to Walnut Grove.
Optional trekking route:
a), trek along the road, 2km to trek to Walnut Grove. It is a light trekking; you could choose this route if you fell tired after a long trekking this morning.
b), Down step along the Teacher Zhang's Family path to get to the lowest trai, then trek along the Yangtzer River for 3-4 hours, you will pass by the ray of sunlight. This part of route is one of the most risk hiking. You could choose it if you do not fell tired. Please give up it if it is rain season. The suite time on Jan, Feb, March, April, May, Otc, Nov, Dec.
Get to Walnut Grove, then accross the Yantzer River by a small boat, reach to the Daju Village old fery, overnight in the Piao Piao Hostel.
Day 6: Daju- (B, L, D)
Taking 1 hours to Guole from Daju village treking along the Jinsha river for 5 hours(8:00am-13:00pm) to the Stone Town, have lunch in Stone Town, visiting the Stone Town, sightseeing along the Jinsha River-Valley. Overnight in
Mu's Family House.Suitable time: all year
Day 7: Stone Town to Yulong Mountain (B, L, D)
After breakfast ,take bus to Yak meadow to see Jade Dragon Snow Mountain. After lunch, enjoy the 500 actors’ performance of Impression of Lijiang directed by Zhang yimou before he directed the Open Ceremony of Olympic of 2008. Check in hotel Zen Garden
The best time: Jan, Feb, March, April, May, June, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec.
Baoshan Stone City Nearly 130Km northeast of Lijiang lies the remarkable community of Baoshan Shi Gu Cheng (Baoshan Ancient Stone City ) , usually called Baoshan , but not to be confused with the much large Baoshan , the main city of western Yunnan , southwest of Dali . This Baoshan has only 100 families. It occupied a dazzling site, on a ridge overlooking the Upper Yangzi River (jin Sha Jiang), surrounded by tightly ascending terraced fields. Many of the house are carved from the living rock or have sections made from the red stone. Some even have tables, stools beds and cupboards cut from the rocky ridge.
Day 8: Lijiang -> Kunming - Departure (B, L)
Take morning flight to Kunming. We will visit Dragon Gate in Western Hills there to finish our Kunming trip.
Drive to airport for your departure flight in the afternoon. Farewell, Kunming.
- Western Hills: Lying in the western suburbs of Kunming, it is also called 'Sleeping Buddha Hills'. For looked at from a distance, they have the appearance of a giant sleeping Buddha. They have also been given another name - 'Sleeping Beauty Hills' for the hills when viewed together look like a beautiful young lady laying beside Dianchi Lake with her face upward and her hair trailling into water. You can see the outline of her face, chest, and legs clearly.
- Being the outstanding scenic place in Western Hills, Dragon Gate is a big exquisite stone carved edifice. The stone paths, stone rooms, stone grottos, and stone Buddhist figures are all carved with excellent craftsmanship on a large natural rock. Like Sanqing Pavilion, Dragon Gate was also built on cliff. You can stand on the edge of the cliff holding the railing, looking downward to experience the steepness of the hill and enjoy the spectacle of Dianchi Lake.
Our price including:
A.Pick up and drop-off from your hotel ; Entrance fees;Air tickets as listed.
B. Meals as listed in the itinerary, B=breakfast; L=lunch; D=Dinner.
C. Personal Guide & Driver + Private car / van for Private Transfers and sightseeing.
D. Hotels (twin share bases) as listed in the itinerary;
E. All Service Charge and Taxes;
F. Luggage Transfers between airports and hotels;
G. All domestic flights mentioned above;
A. Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets.
B. Visa Fees.
C. Personal Expenses.
Please Note: Price may vary according to different seasons. You can extend your stay inYunnan after this package finished, we will keep the discount hotel rate for you for the extended days.
How to Book?
1. You can book online or by email, tell us your flight number and arrival time to Kunming where we will pick you up at the airport, then you will receive our confirmation email.
2. When you arrive in Yunnan Kunming, our tour guide will meet you in the airport and carry on the following days tours.