Incoming passengers are allowed to bring with them, under temporary admission, one of each of the items listed below:
Camera, portable tape-recorder, portable cinecamera, portable video-camera, and portable computer.
Passengers carrying personal items over this limit should declare accurately to the Customs and fulfill all necessary customs formalities.
– Gold, silver and ornaments made thereof
Passengers should declare to the Customs if the amount of gold, silver and other ornaments made thereof they ary carrying exceeds 50 grams.
Any consignment for export of gold. Silver and ornaments made thereof (including handicrafts of inlaid goldware and silverware) purchased in the territory shall only be allowed with special invoices issued by the People’s Bank of China.
– Foreign exchange
On entering, no restrictions are imposed on the amount of foreign currency, travelers checks, credit cards. However , non-residents carrying more than 5,000 US dollars in cash should declare to the Customs the Customs shall permit foreign exchange to be carried out based on the declarations or on relevant regulations issude by the National Administration of Exchange Control.
– Cultural relics (including works by late moden famous painters and calligraphers)
Cultural relics intended for export shall be sent in advance to the cultural administrative departments for verification. The Customs shall release them on the basis of authentic marks affixed on the works by the cultural administrative departments and invoeces for permitting cultural relics out of the territory, or export license.
– Chinese herbs and Chinese patent medicines
The maximum limits per person on the value of Chinese herbs and Chinese patent medicines to be carried out to foreign countries shall be 300 Renminbi per person, and 150 Renminbi for traveling to Hong Kong or Macao.
The maximum limits on the value of medicine sent by post shall be 200 Renminbi abroad, and 100 Renminbi to Hong Kong and Macao.
Export of musk and any otyer Chinese herbs and medicines in excess of the prescribed limit mentioned above is prohibited.
– Prohibited imports:
1. Arms, imitation arms, ammunition and explosives of all kinds;
2. Counterfeit currency and counterfeit negotiable securities;
3. Printed matter, films, photos, gramophone records, cinematographic films, loaded recording tapes and video- tapes,compact discs (video&audio), storage media for computers and other articles which are detrimental to the political, economic, cultural and moral interests of China;
4. Deadly poisons of all kinds;
5. Opium, morphine, heroin, marihuana and other addiction inducing or hallucinatory drugs;
6. Animals, plants and products made thereof infected with or carrying diseases, insect pests and other harmful organisms;
7. Foodstuffs, medicines and other artcles coming from epidemic-stricken areas and harmful to humans and livestock, or those capable of spreading diseases.
– Prohibited exports;
1. all articles enumerated as articles prohibited from import;
2. manuscripts, printed matter, films, photos, gramophone records, cinematographic films, loaded recording tapes and video-tapes, compact discs (video&audio),storage media for computers and other articles which involve state secrets;
3. valuable cultural relics and other relics prohibited from export;
4. endangered and rare animals, plants (including their specimens)and their seeds or reproducing materials.