Private Tour, Depart everyday
Day 1: Arrive in Lhasa. (L, D)
The guide will meet you at Konggar Airport, and transfer you to Lhasa city. On the way, you'll get greeted by Nie Tang Budda, a Budda image engraved in the mountain face. After arrive in Lhasa, rest and acclimatize overnight in Lhasa.
Day 2: Lhasa. (B, L, D)
Full day city tour of The Potala Palace, The Jokhang Temple, and Barkhor Street. Overnight in Lhasa
- The Potala Palace: The most imposing attraction in Lhasa. One of architectural wonders of the world contains 13 storeys tall and thousands of rooms.We kindly suggest you take taxi to the top of the palace which costs about 10 and then walk down after your visiting.
- The Jokhang Temple: It is 1300 years old and is one of Tibet's holiest shrines. It was built to commemorate the marriage of the the Tang princess Wencheng to King Songtsen Gampo, and houses a pure gold statue of the Buddha Sakyamuni brought to Tibet by the princess.
- Barkhor Street: It is essentially a pilgrim circuit that proceeds clockwise around the periphery of the Jokhang Temple. It is also a hive of market activity, an astounding pilgrim jamboree, and a wonderful introduction to Tibet.
Day 3 (B, L, D)
Full day trip to Drepung Monastery, Sera Monastery, Norbulingka, The Carpet Factory.
-Drepung Monastery: Drepung Monastery lies in west of Lhasa under Mt. Gambo Utse, clustered round by the black mountain, its white grand buildings shining under the sunlight. Built in 1416, it is considered as one of the largest monasteries in the six principle monasteries of Gelu Sect in China. Drepung Monastery used to be the living palace of Dalai Lamas before the reconstruction of Potala palace(after the 5th Dalai Lamas was bestowed by Qing emperor Qianlong).
-Sera Monastery: It is known as one of the three greatest monasteries of Tibet. As one of the three main monasteries of Lhasa, it is here that the monks"famous daily debates"take place.
-Norbulingka: Norbulingka means "Jeweled Garden". It was constructed as a summer palace for the Dalai Lama and later served the whole governmental administration.
-The Carpet Factory: The highland of Tibet is the actual home of the oriental carpets. By visiting Carpet Factory you will have a general idea how carpets are produced.
Day 4 (B, L, D)
After visiting Lhasa, we will drive to Shigatse. Full day trip to Yomdrok Lake, Tashilunpo Kloster.
-Yomdrok Lake: Within Langkamu county, with an area of 638 square km and a coastal line of 250 km.It lies within the boundary of Nankartse county, on the north bank of the Yarlung Tsangpo River, Lhokha Prefecture, surrounded by mountains.Beautiful Holy lake which everybody is looking forward to.
-Tashilunpo Kloster: Painted in red and white, the buildings in the kloster stand closely together in terraced rows, offering a grand and majestic view.Tashilunpo Kloster represents the Tibetan super architecture art in the Last Tibetan spirit. The Kloster attracts thousands of Buddhists and tourists from domestic and abroad to travel and worship every year.
Day 5: (B, L, D)
We will drive to The Palgor Chorten .After visiting this monastery ,we will drive back to Lhasa.
-The Palgor Chorten : Pelkhor Choede(Kumbum), also named Palcho Monastery, is very different from other monasteries. Built as a Tibetan monastery, its structural style is very unique, reputed as the lord of Tibetan stupas. In addition, it is famous for the architecture, sculpture, and mural painting art. It lies about 230 kilometers (143 miles) south of Lhasa and 100 (62 miles) east of Shigatse at the foot of Dzong Hill.
Day 6: (B)
Leave Lhasa. Pack your luggage and get ready for leaving. The guide will transfer you to the airport, and help you board the plane. Say goodbye to Tibet and fly out.
|Cities / Hotel standard||Lhasa||Shigatse|
|★★★★★||St. Regis Lhasa Resort or Shangri-La Hotel||Shigatse Hotel / Zang Long Hotel|
|★★★★||Gang-gyan Hotel or Thangka hotel||Shigatse Hotel / Zang Long Hotel|
|★★★||Yak Hotel||Wu ze Hotel (Middle Part of Sichuan South Road, Shigatse) Tel: 86-892-8838666, Fax: 86-892-8836988|
Our price including:
A.Pick-up and drop-off from your hotel, Sight Entrance tickets;
B. Meals as listed in the itinerary, B=breakfast; L=lunch; D=Dinner.
C. Personal tour guide & driver + private car / van for private transfer, English speaking tour guide explain sightseeing along the tour.
D. Hotels accommodation (two people live in one room) as listed in the itinerary.
E. All Service Charge and Taxes.
F. Luggage Transfers between airports and hotels
G. Tibet Travel Documents
A. Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets.
B. Visa Fees.
C. Personal Expenses.
How to Book?
1 . You can book online or by email, tell us which hotel you will live in Lhasa..
★ 2. Please do remember to give us your personal information for Tibet Travel Permit (email us the photo-copy of your passport and visa and Profession)!
Note: Procedures for foreigners into Tibet
1. A power of attorney which proves Mainland agencies request Tibet travel agents receiving the visitors.
2. The travel groups information and the place of inbound and outbound;
3. China’s total tourist routes and the name of the local travel agency;
4. Mission Number, nationality, the valid date of the visa;
5. The travel routes and entry time in Tibet, a detailed agenda. The individual's nationality, name, occupation, age, sex, passport number;
(The above information are all requested faxing the typed document. Handwritten and email are not available. Travel agencies must have the text of the paper and the travel agencies' seals.
The seals should cover the name of the customers. If the visitors just travel in Lhasa, we need a copy of the passport.)
6.If you travel outside the Lhasa , the team needs for a travel permit and the authorization Tourism Bureau permit, insurance, the security Office of certification.
7. When you visit Ali and the non-open areas, you need for the authorization of the Tibet Military District, visa and the Foreign Affairs Office forth permit.