This tour departs everyday, private tour.
Day 1: Arrival
Your will be picked up at Kunming airport and transferred to the hotel . Free at leisure.You can explore the city.
Day 2: Kunming (B+L)
Full day tour to visit the Yunnan Stone Forest.
- Stone Forest: 90km to the south of Kunming. Due to a process of weathering and erosion, nature has created an art gallery of stone sculpture there.
Day 3: Kunming - Dali (B+L)
Take the morning flight to Dali and be transferred to the hotel. Visit the Yan's Compound of Bai Minority in Xizhou. Enjoy the Ancient Music and Dance Performance and taste the local tea. Visit the tie-dying workshop and the Foreigner Street in Dali ancient town.
- Dali Ancient Town: Dali lies on the western edge of Erhai Lake at an altitude of 1900m, with imposing 4000m-tall Cang Shan(Jade Green Mountain)beihind.
Day 4: Dali - Lijiang (B+L)
- Lijiang ancient town: The town was built in the late song dynasty and the early Yuan dynasty and was listed by the UNESCO on the list of the world's major cultural heritages in 1997.
Day 5: Shangri-la (B+L)
Drive to Shangri-la. Visit the Tiger Leaping Gorge and the First Bay of the Yangtze River on the way to Shangri-la.
- Tiger Leaping Gorge: After makiing its first turn at Shigu the mighty Yangtze River surges between Haba Mountain and Jade Dragon Snow Montain, through one of the deepest gorges in the world. Then entire gorge measures 16km, and it's a giddy 3900m from the waters to the snowcapped mountaintops.
- First Bay of the Yangtze River: The small twn of Shigu sits on the first bend of China's greatest river. Shigu means 'Stone Drum', referring to the marbleplaque shaped like a drum that commemorates a 16th-century Naxi victory over a Tibetan army.
Day 6: Shangri-la (B+L)
Visit the Songzan Lin Temple and the Beta Lake. Overnight in Shangri-la or take flight back to Kunming.(This depends on the air).
- Songzan Lin Temple: It was founded in the 17th century during the reign of the Great Fifth Dalai Lama, when the yellow Hat school came to full ascendancy in Tibet. It lies a few kilometers beyond the north end of town and welcomes visitors who behave respectfully.
- Beta Lake: It is widely recognized as 'A Pearl on the Plateau' and the most attractive lake in Shangri-La. It is said that a goddess dropped her mirror carelessly to the earth when she was making up. The mirror was broken into pieces and they became lakes on the plateau. Among these pieces, the most beautiful piece with green jade turned into today's Bita Lake.
Day 7: Kunming (B+L)
Take flight back to Kunming and visit the Golden Temple and the Bird-flower Market. Then be transferred to the airport for your departure.
- Bird-flower market: The climate in Kunming is very much suitable for the plant of flowers and the living of birds. So the market is worth visiting.
|in Lijiang||in Shangri La|
|★★★★★||Kunming Bank Hotel||Dali Regent Hotel||Lijiang Guanfang Hotel||ShangriLa Paradise Hotel|
|★★★★||Kunming Weilong Hotel||Dali Regent Hotel||Lijiang Wangfu Hotel||
Shangri La Holy Palace Hotel
|★★★||Kunming Jinhua International Hotel||Dali Landscape Hotel||Lijiang Sanhe Hotel||ShangriLa Pacific Rim Hotel|
Our price includes:
A. Pick up and drop-off from your hotel ; Entrance fees.
B. Meals as listed in the itinerary, B=breakfast; L=lunch.
C. Personal English Speaking Guide & Driver + Private car / van for Private Transfers.
D. Hotels (twin share bases) as listed in the itinerary.
E. All Service Charge and Taxes.
F. Luggage Transfers between airports and hotels.
G. Domestic flights metioned above: Kunming->Dali; Shangri-la->Kunming.
A. Entry or Exit China International Flight or Train Tickets.
B. Visa Fees.
C. Personal Expenses.
Please Note: Price may vary according to different seasons.
How to Book?
1. You can book online or by email, tell us your flight number and arrival time to Kunming where you will be picked up, then you will receive our confirmation email.
2. When you arrive in Kunming, our tour guide will meet you in the airport and start following days tours.
Please supply your valid master or visa card for this package prepayment, because this package includes flights.
My wife and I, were travelling to China for the first time and we are vegetarians. We were going to be in China for 1 month and were concerned. But, it turned out to be one of our best vacations. We had a wonderful trip and the tour guides took great care of us. You can see all my pictures on Flickr... My more..
Rating: [5 of 5 Stars!] by Rajen Jaswa,09/26/2008
Yunnan tour is fantastic, excepting hotels (good, clean, smiling stuff, but not 5 stars as declared). In the first day the driver was very hostile, then a new driver (who ride with us all the long trip) and the guides, made the journey very lovely. All places I have seen are places which make you to come back more..
Rating: [4 of 5 Stars!] by Ion Dochie,08/23/2014
Beautiful sights! Not all of the hotels were really 5 star as other countries. Food was tasty. Weather was great! more..
Rating: [4 of 5 Stars!] by Helen Anderson,09/23/2007