This tour departs everyday, privater tour.
Day 1: Kuming Arrival
You will be picked up at Kunming airport and transferred to the hotel. Free at leisure.You can explore the city, visit the landmark of Kunming-the Golden Horse and Phoenix Archway and take a leisurely stroll along the Green Lake, a charming area of teahouses and small boutiques selling handicrafts and beautiful local paintings.
Day 2: Kunming - Jinghong (B, L)
Drive 86 km to the Stone Forest. There is a local saying: 'It is a waste of time not to visit the Stone Forest while visiting Kunming', which vividly expresses the deep love of the local people toward this world wonder. The quintessential karst landscape makes every tourist lost in wonder. After this, take late afternoon flight to Jinghong (which means 'the City of Dawn' in the Dai language), the capital city of Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture.
- Stone Forest: 90km to the south of Kunming. Due to a process of weathering and erosion, nature has created an art gallery of stone sculpture there.
- Xishuangbanna Dai Autonomous Prefecture, located in the southernmost tip of Yunnan Province, is a humid tropical area on the border of Myanmar and Laos. It is home to the ethnic Dai people as well as the golden peacock, the emblem of Yunnan Province, and also inhabited a number of ethnic groups, of which the ethnic Dai nationality has the largest population. Visitors will be fascinated by their special customs, festival activities, architectural styles, and garden-like villages.
Day 3: Jinghong (B, L)
In this morning, we'll travel by road to Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanical Garden. On the way back, we'll take a visit to Dais' Garden and join in the water-splashing game if possible.
- The Topical Botanical Garden is one of the major attractions in Xishuangbanna. Situated on Hulu Island, the garden contains 3,000 different types of plant. The environment here is spectacular, surrounded by rivers and mountains and containing a wealth of rare and unusual plants, trees and flowers.
Tips: there is on only one flight from Jinghong to Dali in the morning, so we will adjust the itinerary according to the time schedule, and you will stay the overnight near Wild Elephant Valley with an local inn on day 3 night.
Day 4: Jinghong -> Dali by flight: 8L9961 11:10-12:00 (B, L)
You need get up earlier to visit Wild Elephant Valley, and then drive to the airport around 9:30am to catch the only flight between Jinghong and Dali.
We'll drive around 50 KM to visit the Wild Elephant Valley (yexiang gu) in the morning. To the Dai people, the elephant is the symbol of good luck, might and longevity. The native Chinese elephant lives in the equatorial forest of Xishuangbanna. When the wild elephants appear, we can walk about on the overhead corridor and watch the elephants bathing, playing water games and looking for food. We'll take a flight to Dali after returning to Jinghong in the afternoon. Upon arrival, be met and transfered to hotel.
-The Wild Elephant Valley is the place where elephants roam most freely, and are most often seen. The Wild Elephant Valley is an excellent place to see elephants in their natural state. It has become the most popular tourist site in Xishuangbanna. In the Wild Elephant Valley, the passenger cableway over the forest, (2,063 meters in length), sends tourists to the main scenic spot in which the wild elephants live. Here, all around us, we can drink in the beauty of the rain forest scenery.
When you arrive in Dali, the local guide will meet you at the airport, and take you to the hotel for rest, and you can free leisure or walk around the old town.
Day 5: Dali (B, L)
We'll travel in the Erhai Lake by boat and visit Jinsuo Island. After landing, we will head for Xizhou Town to fully appreciate Bai-style architecture, taste their fragrant three-course tea and explore their distinctive culture. And then, we will visit the Three-pagoda in Chongsheng temple, which is a typical historical symbol of Yunnan. It is also one of the oldest sublime architecture in South China. At last, we will visit the Old Dali Town, which is located at the foot of Cangshan Mountain.
- Dali, a historically and culturally famous city of China, is renowned for her historical interest. During the Tang and Song Dynasties, it was the capital of Nanzhao and Dali Kingdoms, the political, economic and cultural center of Yunnan, an important gateway of cultural exchange and trading with southeastern Asian countries, and an important pass of the ancient 'Silk Route of the South'. It has long enjoyed the reputation of 'a land of literature'.
- The Old Dali Town was built in the reign of Emperor Hongwu of Ming Dynasty (1382 AD), and it is one of the National Historic and Cultural Cities. On the east, it faces Erhai Lake, back on Cangshan Mountain. The city tower is a grand historical architecture. There is a road going through the town, on each side of which people are selling marble products, Dali blue dyed cloth, grass handicraft products etc, and some special Dali flavor food as well.
Day 6: Dali - Lijiang (B, L)
In the morning, we'll embark on a scenic drive with Mt. Cangshan on one side and the Erhai Lake on the other, driving to Lijiang ('Beautiful River', a name given by Kublai Khan in 1254.) We'll head for the scenic Black Dragon Pool to explore the rich Naxi minority culture. And then, we'll visit the Wangu Pavilion where we can enjoy a bird's eye view of the Old Lijiang Town. After dinner, we will attend the concert of the ancient Naxi music in the evening(optional choice).
- Lijiang, possibly the best-preserved old town in China, is one of the last places in this country where we can witness and experience a historical, traditional, ancient urban culture. Remarkably, the old houses with stone foundations, plastered whitewashed brick walls, red wooden doors, shutters and balconies, and sloping tiled roofs, survived a recent earthquake without much damage, while the new concrete buildings were flattened. The canals are lined with weeping willows and decorative arched bridges linking one alley to the next.
Day 7: Lijiang (B, L)
We'll visit Ganhaizi Meadow, Baishui River, Maoniu Meadow (Yak Meadow) in the Yulong Snow Mountain. In the afternoon, we'll stroll through Baisha Village, which is an enchanting traditional Yunnan village, and we'll drive to visit Yufeng Lamasery. And then, we'll visit the Former Residence of Joseph Rock, famous botanist and expert on Naxi culture. At last, we'll head for Huangshan Village where traditional Naxi people inhabit and we'll take our dinner of local flavor at a Naxi home there.
- Yulong (Jade Dragon) Snow Mountain is the much famed mountain is situated some 15km north of Lijiang County, located in the southern section of the Hengduan (transversely faulted) Mountain ranges. With thirteen peaks resembling jade pillars holding the sky, it stands majestically on the east side of the Jinshajiang River. The main peak, Mount Fan (Shanzidou), is 5,596 m. above sea level, and is annually snowcapped. The summit's semblance to a crystalline jade dragon gives the mountain its name. Access to the top of the mountain is provided by a cableway from the foot of the mountain to the Maoniu Meadow.
Day 8: Lijiang - Kunming (B)
We'll take a morning flight returning to Kunming. We'll spend some time exploring the bustling Flower and Bird Market before our farewell.
|4* hotels||Golden Dragon Hotel or New Era Hotel||Daiyuan Hotel||Regent Hotel or Landscape Hotel||Wangfu Hotel or Jiannancun Hotel|
You can choose any hotel you like with our discount rate and inform us, we will customize the package price according to different hotels.
Our price including:
A. Airport transfers; Entrance fees;
B. Meals as listed in the itinerary, B=breakfast; L=lunch; D=Dinner.
C. Personal English speaking Guide with Driver and Private car / van for Transfers among sightseeing.
D. Hotels (twin share bases) as listed in the itinerary.
E. All Service Charge and Taxes.
F. Luggage Transfers between airports and hotels.
G. Domestic flights mentioned above: Kunming -> Jinghong; Jinghong-Dali; Lijiang -> Kunming.
A. Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets.
B. Visa Fees.
C. Personal Expenses.
Please Note: Price may vary according to different seasons. You can extend your stay inYunnan after this package finished, we will keep the discount hotel rate for you for the extended days.
How to Book?
1. You can book online or by email, tell us your flight number and arrival time to Kunming where we will pick you up at the airport, then you will receive our confirmation email.
2. When you arrive in Yunnan Kunming, our tour guide will meet you in the airport and carry on the following days tours.
Customised plan: Day 1 Kunming Arrival Activity: Airport pickup to Kunming Hotel, If time permits,visit Green Lake,Golden Horse & Jade Rooster Archway. Sightseeing: Green Lake, Golden Horse & Jade Rooster Archway Hotel: Kunming Meal: Dinner Day 2 Kunming Activity: Depart from your hotelin the morning, yo more..
Rating: [4 of 5 Stars!] by Cathy Smith,04/26/2013