Tibet permit is an official document issued for foreigners who would like to travel in Tibet, it has the similar function of a visa. There are three kinds of permits: Tibet Entry Permit(TTB permit), Alien’s Travel Permit (PSB permit) and Military Permit.
1. TTB permit issued by Tibet Tourism Bureau is required to show when you buy a flight/train ticket to Lhasa. With it, you come into Lhasa and stay there. If you book a tibet group tour in a traver agency, it is still needed. In brief, all the place in Tibet need the Entry permit.
2. PSB permit issued by People’s Security Bureau. When you want to go further areas in Tibet, you will need an Alien’s Travel Permit. Foreign travellers must apply the PSB through the same travel agency who had helped them to arrange the TTB permit.
3. Military Permit issued by Military Affairs Office. it is required when you travel to un-open areas. Regular tourists are not allowed to go to the closed areas.
How to get the travel permit?
Just tell us the following information:
Full name –Gender– Date of birth–Passport number–Nationality
1. You should make sure that all information must be exactly the same as in your passport, at the same time, you should tell us your occupation for diplomats, journalists, and government officials require more complicated procedures in their TSB.
2. You need to apply for the travel permit at least 10 days prior to your entry date.
3. Normally, tourists usually get the travel permit from the agency where he booked the Tibet tour. No travel agency can provide “permit-only” service.
4. After you have got a Tibet travel permit, a travel agency can buy you the air tickets or train tickets.
5. Once you step into Tibet, you tour guide is required to retain your permit. You are not allowed to bring with it and travel to anywhere you want.