Domestic train tickets in China can be reissued if somehow you lose them. On the other hand, if you lose international train tickets, these cannot be reissued or reimbursed.
What Should I Do If I Lost Domestic Train Tickets
If Lost Tickets Before Boarding the Train
If you lost tickets before boarding the train, the same tickets can be reissued. Follow the steps below to reissue your tickets:
1. Go to ticket counter at least 30 minutes before the train departs, providing all the passengers’ original passports and the information of the old tickets, including train number, travel date, departure station, arrival station and seat class. Then, the staff at the counter will issue the new tickets to you, and you have to pay a deposit in cash (same amount of the ticket price) for these tickets in advance. Here is the Chinese you can show at the ticket counter:
- English: Hello, I lost my tickets, please reissue the tickets for me.
2. You need to use your new tickets to board the train and ask for a proof from the train staff on the train, in order to get the deposit back at your arrival station. You can show the following sentences to any staff on the train.
- English: Hello, I need to get a specific document from the conductor to prove my original seats are occupied.
After getting off the train, please go to the ticket window at the arrival station, providing your new ticket, passports, and the travel proof within 24 hours (A small fee of about RMB5.00/ticket will be charged). Then, the staff at the counter will return the deposit (in cash) to you. You can show the following sentences to the staff at the counter:
- English: Hello, I reissued my lost tickets. Please refund the deposit to me. Thank you!
If Lost Tickets After Boarding The Train
If you only discover you have lost your train ticket after you have boarded the train, you must pay a member of the train staff the price of your ticket and get a receipt and a special proof that you took the train. In this way, you will avoid having to pay a fine at your arrival station.
If you find your lost ticket, you can get a refund at the arrival station provided you present your lost ticket, passport, receipt for the new ticket and travel proof within 24 hours. A small fee of about RMB 5 will be charged.
Please contact your trip advisor for help if you need any assistance in having lost tickets reissued or reimbursed. Your trip advisor will be available via mobile phone 24/7 and will try and provide any information you may need.
If Lost International Train Tickets
Please kindly note that international train tickets, even including those to and from Hong Kong, can’t be reissued if you lose them. You can’t get any refund either. If you do lose them, you’ll need to rebook new tickets and pay for them again. Please always keep your tickets in a safe place.